- Armdale Dorset Stud was founded in 1938, with the entire Dorset Horn stud transferred to the Poll Dorset Stud in 1957.
- Noel & Shirley began their major influence over the Stud in the 60's. This time also marked the commencement of the Armstrong family's keen involvement and long running success in the show ring.
- In 1988 Armdale part purchased the well known Austeco Stud from the Dury family of South Australia.
- Armdale has a breeding strength of over 500 ewes, and has grown to become one of the largest and most successful studs in the industry today, setting many benchmarks for both stud and commercial breeders.
- The best young rams are retained each year, and together with semen & carefully selected rams purchased from outside studs over the years, the high standard within the breeding program has been maintained. The aim has always been to produce big, fast growing, well muscled sheep that are structurally correct, with balanced figures.
- Since the early 80's the Armstrong family have won Supreme Interbreed classes at every major show in Australia, including Bendigo ASBA, Melbourne, Canberra & Sydney Royals.
- Armdale is dedicated to the continued success of the prime lamb industry, and continue to be leaders in both the stud and commercial fields, of which Poll Dorset's sire in excess of 75% of the prime lamb market. The use of Stockscan figures has resulted in the Studs making further progress with growth, eye-muscle area and fat depth. This is an important step in helping clients meet market specifications.
Noel, Garry and Shirley with Armdale's Peter Taylor Trophy at Sydney Royal